Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Story

Picture of myself, my husband and my daughters on vacation
I was born and raised in a Port Allen, Louisiana which is a small town outside of Baton Rouge. I am the oldest of four children. I was raised a true LSU fan and think that there is no other school that compares. Even though I now attend South Alabama my heart will always be in Baton Rouge.

After attending LSU for two years, I got married and moved to West Palm Beach, Florida. My husband graduated in Landscape Architecture and Florida was the booming spot at the time. Not long after getting married I found out I was going to be a mom. Little did I know I was carrying two babies instead of one. Twins don't run in our family so this was a huge surprise. We had no family in Florida and if it weren't for my wonderful husband I may not have survived. My daughters, Peyton and Madeline are now two and a half. I did two semesters at a community college in Florida after the girls were born. Then we decided Florida was to far from home.

So here we are, in Fairhope, Alabama. We moved to Fairhope in May of 2007 and love it. This is my third semester at South and I also picked up a few classes at Faulkner. I'm trying to see how many colleges I can attend before graduation (just kidding), so far I'm up to four. My major is Elementary Education. I have a love for children and a passion for education.

I am a full time stay-at-home mom and my girls keep me very busy. I love being outside and try to spend as little time inside as possible. I like to read a lot and I also like to cook. More than cooking though, I like eating. Exercising is my mental relaxation and on this Sunday, August 24th I'm doing my first triathlon. If I'm not in class next Wednesday its because I didn't make it. I'm hoping to do a half marathon sometime this year when the weather is a little cooler.

So there it is, that's my story until now.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hi Virginia, I am an LSU fan also. I am from Metarie. But moved here in high school. See you in class, and good luck in your triathlon. I have a couple I know also doing triathalon this weekend.