Monday, December 1, 2008

What I Learned

This class has truly been beneficial for me. I wasn't excited about taking it because I figured it would be basic Microsoft Word and Power Point. However, what I learned was much more than that. I don't think that anything we learned in class was something I knew before hand. I think the main thing that I liked was everything we used was free. Therefore, when I'm a teacher on a tight budget I can still have amazing video resources and technology tools right at my fingertips. Here is a list of the things I learned this semester.

1. How to create and manage a blog
2. How to do ALT and TITLE modifiers so that someone visually impaired can "see" my pictures
3. All the free tools Google has to offer (I thought it was simply a search engine)
4. Wikipedia isn't always a trustworthy sight
5. How to create an IGoogle page
6. How to use ITunes
7. How to find educational podcasts and videos on Itunes
8. How to make a podcast (and what they were)
9. About ALEX and ACCESS

Before this class I was stuck in a technology rut, everything I knew about computers was about 2-3 years old and so much has changed since then. The scary thing is that I know technology changes daily so by the time I become a teacher this information will probably be out of date. This is why it is important to keep up with changes in technology gradually. Its not ok for teachers today to be technologically illiterate but its easy to see how it happens.

2 comments:

willam said...


Best international school in mumbai
like Oberoi school tends to provide latest education with ultra modern facilities and teaching methedology.

Anonymous said...

Best International Schools in Mumbai like Mount Litera School tends to provide latest education with ultra modern facilities and teaching methedology.