Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Class Podcasts

First of all, I have to say I enjoyed doing the podcast much more than I thought I would. Coming into this class I didn't even really know what a podcast was and was not thrilled at the idea of having to make one. However, I was assigned the topic of Randy Pausch's last lecture and I thoroughly enjoyed working as a group to make the podcast. After listening to our groups podcast I was satisfied, but also found room for improvement. I think our topic was one that lends itself to very in depth conversations, but we only had time to skim the surface. One thing we could have done differently was picked one or two main subjects and gone more in depth on those and how they related to education. Also, we could have included more background information on Randy Pausch and his life before getting into the topics we discussed.

I chose to listen to another groups discussion on The Last Lecture of Randy Rausch and enjoyed hearing the differences and similarities from ours. The podcast that I listened to did a good job of explaining who Paush was. It seemed at times that their manner of conversation a little sarcastic though. I would also suggest to this group that they go more in depth on how Paush's life could relate to teaching, it more just about him as a person. All in all though, I enjoyed listening to a different perspective on the same topic that I had.

I listened to a few others and found it interesting how different they all were. I found that some topics definitely lent themselves to easier conversations that other did. Everyone's style was a little different too. Some seemed to be reading off of a paper sitting in front of them while others were more casual conversation between a group of people. I thought this was interesting because they all in one way or another sounded like the different styles of podcasting we have listened too from iTunes. I tended to enjoy the ones in a conversational style more so than the rehearsed ones though.

No comments: